I will have been an Iowan for three weeks tomorrow. That is Iowan with Coloradan at heart. I think CO will always be my home.
I am done house sitting. I will be moving on t0 Alan and Nancy's to live for the next month. One more month and I will hopefully have a job and be moving into an apartment. A place I can call my own. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely thankful for everyone who is willing to help me out and put up with me. If it weren't for them, I don't know what I would have done.. lived out of my car... not moved. It's possible. God provides and continues providing! I need to work on trusting, and continuing to trust that God will provide. He has yet to let me down.
Last night I was able to spend time with my cousin Adam and his wife Jacy. They made some yummy chicken and mashed potato's for dinner. Very good! I am glad I live close enough to be able to hang out with them every now and again. Looking forward to getting to know Jacy better!
On my way home last night, visibility was horrible. The fog was so thick, I could only see 3 white lines in front of me on the interstate. I was going 40 mph at one point. Driving slower than a granny. That's definitely the slowest I've ever gone on an interstate, and that's not including sitting in rush hour traffic. I didn't like the feeling of not being able to see what's ahead. Not only did I NOT like that feeling, I felt disoriented. I was praying the whole way that I would find my way and make it safe. It doesn't help that I don't know the area real well. I don't care to drive in conditions like that again, but in the end I made it. Like Adam told me, next time, I will just bring a change of clothes and crash there for the night.
Tonight I am going to check out a church called "The Downtown Church". It's in Des Moines. I like the name, simple yet catchy, don't ya think. I am pretty stoked about it. I am going by myself. It scares me. Going by myself, but I can do it. I have heard a few different things about the church. So, it might not be a church I want to call home, but do want to check it out. From the website, it makes me think of Flat Irons Church in CO. Here's the link if you care to check it out. http://www.thedtc.org/services
It's time for me to grab some lunch, pack up my things from Jenn and Andy's and move to the Coles. Gotta get busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment