Friday, July 23, 2010

Crazyness


I ended my last post with, needing to get to bed so I could get up early and walk with a friend at Webster Lake. Well, the walk didn't end up as early as I had planned. I woke up that morning to the news that the back windshield of my car had been broken. (Keep in mind this is the Tuesday before I left for IA) The picture that came to my mind was someone had a bat and totally smashed it in. Thankfully, it wasn't that bad, but still it had a nice hole in it and the whole windshield was shattered. My mom (I'm so thankful for her) took it to Elite Auto glass to get it replaced. Not only did I replace the back, but the front as well. It had a nice crack in it, and I had gotten a warning for it, in IA, about a year ago, and I told them I would get it fixed right away. So, a decent chunk of money later, I had two brand new windshields. Funny thing, I had cardboard boxes in my trunk, and when I went to get them for packing I had to shop vac pieces of glass of them. The neighbors probably think I'm on odd one.
In the end, I got all my packing done and meeting up with friends done and moved to IA. Between my car and the truck, we were able to get all except for my queen sized bed. I am now bedless.. I guess better than homeless, right. Which, I am kind of that too. The drive went well. The only 'mishap', for lack of better word, a couple hours away from my grandma's I noticed my brakes making a funny grinding sound. More on that in a bit. Anyway, the first few days were spent at my grandmas in western Iowa. Then we went on to Jenn's in Des Moines. The first two days there, was spent playing musical cars. Between my brakes and *rotors*, Jenn's oil, and Melissa's broken window, two auto places for mine and Jenn's cars.. glad it's all done!
It's hard to believe I have been in IA for two weeks Sunday. Time has gone fast. I am liking it here so far, minus the car issues. I love being able to spend time with my nephew.. even on cranky days. He is such a ham! I love that kid. I went to Willow Creek for church on Sunday. Even though Mike's preaching was good, I was homesick for Harvest Fellowship. I miss Pastor Steve's preaching, the worship, Mega Kids, youth group, the people I was starting to get to know, the coffee shop and couches in the lobby.. I miss it!! I am also missing all my friends back home! Yes, Colorado will always be referred to as home.
Let's talk weather for a minute. Colorado is hot. Yea. Colorado has had some humidity this summer. Yea. Colorado has had some nice storms as well. Yea. NOTHING compared to Iowa. Yea. The day we unloaded my stuff from the truck to my aunt and uncle's basement.. heat index of 110 degrees. NO JOKE. Plus the humidity. You step outside and instantly you have sweat dripping into your eyes. Let's just say we chose a bad day to unload. Now, I could get curly out of my hair in CO. Here, I can get CURLY! In fact, it's almost pointless to straighten my hair. The storms though, yikes, they are intense. I love it! What I don't love, is the good ones happen during the night, so you, and everyone else in IA is awake at 3am, wondering if they should make their way to the basement. I sleep in the basement, so I was ok. Yup, trees were snapped in half, people's shingles (well, their houses, really) were on the ground. The weather seems to want to rain on the days and times that I am out looking for places to apply. How professional is it to walk into a place, wet from the rain and rain drops on the resume.. probably not very. It's all good though.
God is definitely teaching me patience and to rely on Him. So far, He has seen me through, and even though it's a struggle sometimes, I try to continue to rely on Him. There has been some things happen that I could have done without, but all in all, God is also showing me that His timing is not always my timing, and sometimes, more like ALL the time things are better when done on God's timing.
Well, Melissa and I are watching Dane all weekend. Sounds like he's awake from his nap, in his big boy bed, and since Melissa is sleeping as well, I guess that means I have to go get him. Darn! ;^)I wonder if he'll let me get him or if it needs to be Mommy, or Mo-Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment