Okay, please forgive the messiness of my last post, the one with the pictures. I spent many hours trying to format it and the final outcome, well, let's just say it doesn't look much like my draft. I'm thinking, I will stick with word posts and the occasional picture. It was a frustrating experience. Definitely a rookie with the picture thing.
My trip to Colorado was a good one! I got to meet up with a few friends, as well as being able to participate in celebrating the beginning of a friends marriage. My friend Caleb (from high school) and his wife Mikayla, got married August 20, 2010. The wedding was very pretty. I liked how they had everyone blow bubbles as they walked down the aisle after the announcement of "Mr. and Mrs. Caleb Norcross". There were many laughs, much dancing, catching up with old friends, good food, great cake (I tried red velvet, I always picture the Armadillo cake from Steal Magnolias), sore feet, and tired eyes by the end of the night, but all well worth it!!
I think, I might try being a 'wedding crasher'. Go for the food, cake and dancing. "Hi, I'm Isabella, I am your uncle's, sister's, niece's, neighbor's, husband's, cousin from South Africa." -Idea stolen from the movie 'Wedding Crashers'
I got a tall Iced Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks this morning. Drinking it right now actually. Did you know chai has black pepper in it? Yup, it does. I looked it up to make sure. I'm pretty sure that's mainly what I am tasting in it today. Not sure I like that.. it's like drinking liquid pepper.
While at Starbucks, a lady came in with her hair sectioned off in foil. Brave soul! She had her cute son with her, who had super cute, curly blonde (I thought 'blonde' was spelled with an 'e' on the end..not according to spell check) hair. I hope she didn't think I was making fun of her. As they were leaving, the little boy looked at me so I smiled at him, and then I glanced at the lady, she gave me a funny look.
We got all moved into our apartment Saturday. We've got our living room situated and put away, and most of the kitchen, but our bedrooms.. need some work yet. It will happen. When I was putting my clothes away from the two duffel bags I'd been living out of the past 2 months, I was real excited because I didn't have as much clothes as I remembered having. Then I started opening boxes to put stuff away, that excitement sort of dissipated. I have more clothes then I thought. I'm getting rid of some. I obviously haven't missed them that much!
Well, my stomach is screaming at me to satisfy it with some yummy food. So, this post is coming to an end. More to come later..
P.S. I am thinking of trying a new recipe tonight. Pasta in Vodka Sauce.
I like to get iced chai lattes at Starbucks, but always have them put one pump less of the flavoring in...cuts back on the peppery taste! (You learn the tricks of the trade after working there for a few months) ;)
ReplyDelete