Each day this week keeps getting better. Meaning Monday was a rough day, and each day was just a little bit better than the last. Today's been a really good day. I wonder what tomorrow holds?
Monday was a rough day. I was rushing to get to work on time, clocked in right at 8. I kept goofing on incoming calls. Was on the receiving end of dirty looks, when I am not sure what I did to deserve them. I know, I know. Things could be worse.
As the week progressed, things got better. Here's a few highlights.
- A couple of my co-workers were surprised when I said I had only been there just over a month. (surprised in a good way, they thought I had been there longer)
- As a customer walked past my desk to leave he says "So you're the girl everyone's been talking about!" - I don't know, what to think of that. I just laughed. (He didn't stick around to hear a response)
- Another co-worker told me I was doing a great job and that all he's heard are positive comments and that I picked things up quickly.
- A different customer, then one mentioned above, said he was going to buy me Starbucks. I think he forgot. My guess he was so excited over the vehicle he just bought that he forgot. I forgave him.
- So yet another co-worker asked me today if I was a model or had done modeling. I said no. He said he asked because I always seem to carry myself so proper and that I have good posture.
Here's my biggest laugh. Well, it cracked me up anyway.
-At work, the greeting when answering the phone is, "It's a great day at Bob Brown Buick-GMC. How may I direct your call?" So, I am getting a series of calls, and I pick up the receiver to answer, oh probably the 4th or 5th call, and this is how the greeting comes out: "It's a great day at BOOB Brown Bui (a split second pause realizing what I had said) Buick-GMC. (The last part was choppy, because I am now flustered, trying not to laugh, wondering if anyone heard me and wondering what the person on the other end is thinking) How may I direct your call?"
So, I realize that everything I listed above sounds like I am gloating, but you know, it was really encouraging to hear some of those comments. It just makes you feel good. It is also a reminder to me, since I like hearing compliments, other people do as well. I am not a negative person per say, but nor do I compliment people very often. I think that not only does the other person benefit from it, but you do as well, knowing you have brightened someones day by passing along a compliment. Just don't go overboard with the compliments...
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment