Tuesday, September 14, 2010

CALLING IT QUITS!

I am calling it QUITS! I am quitting applying for jobs!! That's right, I am quitting. I am tired of getting to the end of the application that took 40 minutes to fill out and the computer would beep at me if I either missed a field or filled it out incorrectly. So, that one's frustrating in and of itself for the fact that I can't get sound to work on my computer any other time.. but when I am in the library, where it's supposed to be quiet, and it beeps. So, I get to the end of the application to find they want information on something I currently don't have access too. Yup, I'm calling it quits! You're probably saying 'What! Don't give up!' I'm not. Just temporarily. Today only. I will hop back on the band wagon Monday.
Boy oh boy do I feel better.
Now that I've got that out. This last week has been busy. It all started with the weekend. We had a cousin get together last Saturday. The majority of the Thomson cousins are currently living in IA, so the 'party coordinator' Tessha (cousin), planned a get together. We had a great time! We need to do this more often and maybe one of these years everyone can be there. We wish the rest could have joined us!

Here's all of us - 22 to be exact! Well 23, counting baby Fogle.

I finally got my room completely put together! I actually don't mind being in there now. Amazing how that works. I have some shelves that need little decorations. I could use some tips of cheap decor. I have a black and white theme going on and could use some color. Ideas?

I am going to be an aunt for the second time around any day now. I'm excited about that. I will be one of three people helping out with Dane while his baby brother makes his way into this world. It makes me happy and gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I thought today was going to be the day. - I'm at the library (a no cell phone zone), my phone buzzes, it's Jenn. My first thought, 'Is she in labor??'. I didn't answer, thinking she'd leave a message. No message. Ok, it's nothing. She calls back a few minutes later. Maybe baby is coming! I hurry outside to answer. I was hoping for news of labor. Nope, she just wants me to pick up an air mattress. Ha! Can we say nervous aunt?

It seems I tend to end my post with something regarding food. So, here it is again. Lunch time! Plus, later I will be finding a DQ in Ankeny so I can check out these wonderful blizzards I keep hearing about, that are half the normal size. That's perfect for me. I have the hardest time eating a whole blizzard, which I don't get, because serve me up a king size bowl of ice cream (Breyers, or any really) at home and I can eat it all, no problemo!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment