Friday, December 25, 2009

Taking a Look Back

The end of 2009 is just around the corner. Six days left to be exact. As this year comes to a close, I thought it would be neat to spend some time looking back over the ups and downs and events of the past year. There has probably been more downs then ups. Sometimes with all the downs, it's easy to focus on just that, the downs, the rough times. The bumps and bruises life throws your way, and just as easily you overlook the good things. The blessings that God has given us. I even think the trials God allows us to go through, can be looked upon as a blessing. It even says so in James 1:2-4 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." Ok, so it doesn't specifically say they are blessings, but it does say to be joyful when going through various trials. I love the book of James! So no, according to this verse, I probably wasn't joyful going through the different trials, BUT I did learn from them, and some experiences have even changed my perspective on things. Alright, time to list the events of 2009. They aren't going to be in chronological order, just kind of at random as they come to mind.

~ Got laid off in May, after 3 years of employment.
~ Since May, I have been living off government money (unemployment: not to shabby really)
~ A friend/co-worker was killed in a car accident in February (Feb. 6th, one year is right around the corner)
~ My cousin Adam got married in August!! His wife is pretty cool too. I like her.
~ My friend Abi got married this summer!! What a beautiful wedding, and a memorable reception. (Outside reception; it poured! Pretty all the same!)
~ Rode the RTD downtown for the first time, EVER!
~ Moved back in with the parents. I am not going to lie, it's been a bit tough, I miss being out on my own, but am so thankful they have been willing to let me live here.
~ Grandma (Dad's mom) passed away in October. I miss her! She is celebrating with Jesus and reunited with her husband, my grandpa!
~ We were able to have one last Christmas with my dad's side of the family at my grandma's house before they sell it.
~ Two of my closest friends moved to different states. I miss them sooo much, but know they are where God wants them.
~ Nonetheless, I have made some new friends.
~ Started going to a Bible study. Love it!
~ Gone through some church struggles, which, are starting to look on the up and up.
~ Decided to go back to school. Not to finish my secretarial but, to be a Pharmacy Technician. Never in a million years would I have seen myself in that field. I guess getting laid off hasn't been all bad.
~ Got to see cousins and family members I don't see very often, three times within 5 months!
~ Met a good friend, who's all the way from England! Hopefully she can move her and her girls here, to Colorado!!
~ My nephew turned 1!!! And what a cutie he is, let me tell ya!

Well, there's my list. Definitely not everything, but the main things anyway. I know this is posted a month after the new year, BUT I did have half of it drafted before the new year. I am not having a hard time getting back into the swing of blogging again. I blame it on facebook. (a.k.a. procrastination) It seems to rule the world. So, I stole the idea from someone I am friends with on facebook, and decided to go AWOL for the month of February. Try it. Should be good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment