Friday, November 20, 2009

Food, Friends, and Fun

I always love a good game night with good friends. Last night was one of those nights. It took place at Jana's. A few of us planned it, and supplied the food, so all Jana had to do was supply the house. Thank you Jana! She is always providing the food for our game nights, so we thought we would give her a break. Not that she doesn't do a good job, because she does. Her food is always delicious!
When the boys and I were discussing details, the question of what food should we fix, we came up with chili. It is that time of year! Stephen makes some killer chili, so that was his contribution. Then me along with the rest of the boys would bring the sides and items to put in the chili. Mine and Melissa's contribution was sour cream and the dessert (brownies and ice-cream). Now, Melissa and I had an 'interesting' experience, if you will, buying these items. This gets its own post - look for it next. Anyway, back to game night.
I love how, almost anytime you are hanging out at someones house, whether for dinner, coffee, games, movies, whatever... everyone always ends up in the kitchen! Never fails. Last night, proved that true. I think we just about fit nine people in Jana's kitchen. When I say kitchen, that is not including the dining area, just the part where the oven, fridge, sinks, counter space are at. Her kitchen, I would say is a ONE butt kitchen, yet we managed to pretty much fit nine in there. Whether in there to help finish up last minute meal things, or just to socialize, we were all there. (I tried to get a picture, but had a hard time getting everyone in it.) Once we got all the last details done we dished up our chili, moved out of the kitchen, and ate. It was certainly delicious!
After everyone finished eating, we settled in the living room for some games. I can't remember the name of the game we played, but the words 'New York' were in it, (I think). Anyway, there were cards that had a cartoon type picture on it, and each individual comes up with a caption for it, writes it on their piece of paper, and hands it to the reader. Once all are handed in, the reader reads each individual caption, without saying who wrote it, and the judge then has to pick which one is his/her favorite and then try to decide who wrote each caption. Once that round is done, you go around the group and repeat the process, just with different cards each time. This game definitely brings many laughs, and you don't have to be clever or witty to play! Definitely a game worth playing.
Well, I think this is enough ramblings for one night.
G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment